The Menominee County Parks & Recreation Committee is an advisory committee who purpose is to provide advice, direction, and recommendations to the Parks Superintendent, County Administrator and Menominee County Board of Commissioners. The Committee has no final authority or responsibility for policy making or administration.
Responsibilities of this Committee are as follows:
1. Recommend objectives and goals of the Parks and Recreation System.
2. Recommend rules and policies governing the Parks and Recreation System.
3. Recommend annual and long-term financial plans.
4. Recommend establishing and maintaining an effective public relation program.
5. Recommend short-term and long-term planning necessary to develop a broad variety of programs, facilities, and services to meet community needs.
6. Maintain close coordination with other community agencies involved in parks and recreation and the Board of Commissioners.
7. Encourage broad citizen involvement in the park system.
8. Recommend annually a park fee schedule.
9. Act as mediator between citizens and management disputes.
10. Receive public input on the parks and recreation system.
11. Annually recommend revision to the Menominee County Parks and Recreation Plan.
12. Annually recommend capital improvement plan.
13. Review statistics.
14. Annually tour parks as a Committee to determine goal objectives and to evaluate physical condition of park property.
The Menominee County Parks & Recreation Committee shall follow the rules and policies as set forth by the Menominee County Board of Commissioners.
The Committee meets the first Tuesday of the month at various areas throughout the County. For a meeting schedule, see the link below.
Current Public At-Large Representatives